Information for Attendees
APT2021 will be held by "Hybrid style (both onsite and online)."
Guidelines for COVID-19 prevention
We strongly request all onsite attendees to follow the guidelines below:
- Please measure your body temperature before leaving your house or hotel. If your temperature is higher than 37.5 degree Celsius or if you do not feel well especially with cough and runny nose, you must refrain from coming to the venue. In this case, you can participate via online. We also request all onsite attendees to measure your body temperature at the entrance of the venue.
- You are prohibited to enter the venue without wearing a mask. Inside the venue, please wear a mask at all times. Disposable masks made of non-woven material are highly recommended.
- Please keep a distance at least 1.8 m (about 2 arm lengths) from your neighbors. Even when seated, please keep enough space from others.
- Please wash your hands often and always keep your hands and fingers clean with sanitizers. Many sanitizers are prepared at the venue, and please use them.
- When taking your mask off during lunch, please keep quiet. Please wear a mask, when you enjoy a conversation with others.
- During the onsite poster session, please also wear a face shield. A face shield will be provided from the organizing committee.
Registration and Information Desk
The registration and information desk are located near the entrance of Hall C. It opens from 13:00 on Sunday (10th October); 7:30 on Monday; 7:45 on Tuesday and Wednesday; 8:00 on Thursday. It closes at 18:00 from Sunday until Wednesday; 11:30 on Thursday.
Onsite Oral Presenters
- The duration of presentation is 45 minutes for the plenary lectures, 30 minutes for the invited presentations, and 20 minutes for the general oral presentations. The duration includes the time for questions and PC changes. Slides in 4:3 as well as 16:9 screen ratios are acceptable.
- You are advised to bring your own laptop PC for your oral presentations. You can connect your PC to projector via standard VGA connector (D-sub 15 pin) or HDMI. You must personally bring the proper adopters to connect your PC to the projector.
- Please note that your presentation time cannot be changed nor extended due to PC connection issues. Therefore, during the break or lunch before your session, we kindly request to test your slides at the room in advance your presentation.
Information of Poster Session for Onsite Attendees
Poster session will be held only virtually. All poster presenters will make their presentations only by online. To meet the online poster presenters, the onsite attendees should bring their own devices to join the online poster session virtually from the venue. Poster presenters can also make their online presentations at the venue. You can use free wireless internet throughout the venue.
We are pleased to offer you free wireless internet throughout the venue.
General Information for Online Attendees
You can attend the APT2021 virtually via online. The plenary and invited lectures as well as the general oral and poster presentations will be provided by lives (virtually in real-time) using Zoom-based system, so called Going Virtual. The Going Virtual is limited access to attendees. Your audio and video will be connected to the onsite session at the venue. So, you can directly communicate with the onsite presenters. The plenary and invited lectures will be recorded, and the recorded videos will be uploaded to YouTube after the symposium (limited access to attendees). The URL and ID/password for Going Virtual will be announced on a limited access page in the symposium website https://apt2021.org/.
Guidelines of Online Settings
- Please prepare to use the latest version of Zoom.
- We kindly request all online attendees to change/set your display name to "Your name (Affiliation)". If your name and affiliation are unclear, you may be forced to leave Zoom room by the organizing committee.
- We also kindly request all online attendees to mute yourself, except when you ask questions or speak.
- When you want to ask questions or speak, you can use in-meeting chat or reactions in Zoom.
Online Oral Presenters
- You can make your presentation via online using Zoom. We will set-up the time table with considering the time difference between Japan and your country. Thus, we kindly request the online oral presenters to make your presentation by live (in real-time). If you are difficult to make your presentation by live, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than October 3.
- The duration of presentation is the same as that of the onsite oral presentation (45 minutes for the plenary lectures, 30 minutes for the invited presentations, and 20 minutes for the general oral presentations). The duration includes the time for questions and PC changes.
- Slides in 4:3 as well as 16:9 screen ratios are acceptable.
- Poster session will be held only virtually. You can make your presentation via online using Breakout Rooms of Zoom. We kindly request the online poster presenters to make your presentation by live (in real-time). The URLs for Zoom will be presented on Going Virtual. If you are difficult to make your presentation by live, please contact email@example.com, no later than October 3.
- Attendees will join to your Breakout Room. So, please keep turning on the audio/video and enjoy discussion with the attendees directly.
- Posters of portrait and landscape orientations are acceptable.
Recording & Photography Policy
Recordings of presentations or taking photos/screenshots of slides is strictly prohibited at this symposium in both the online and onsite.
- APT2021 will establish "Young KONA Award" sponsored by Hosokawa Powder Technology Foundation. The candidates will make their presentations at the Young Researcher Award Session on Tuesday. After having the peer review of the oral presentation, the award winner(s) will be given the certificate and cash (100,000 JPY) for the supplementary prize.
- APT2021 will also establish "Excellent Poster Award". All student poster presenters are nominated as a candidate. After having the peer review of the poster presentation, winner(s) will be given the award(s).
- All the awards welcome whether online or onsite presentations. In other words, review process of the awards will not distinguish the presentation styles (online or onsite).
- All winners will be notified to their email addresses during the symposium. We kindly request all winners to attend the awarding ceremony on Thursday at 11:10 in Hall C.